PV Democrat Staff
Pauls Valley Democrat
Pauls Valley, Oklahoma —
The Christmas spirit is again a big part of some holiday events planned here in the Pauls Valley area.
The First Baptist Church in Pauls Valley will again host a special Christmas event in the form of living nativity scenes this weekend.
With church members filling the roles for the scenes, the event is set to go from 6 to 7 p.m. each night Friday through Sunday, Dec. 20-22
Two new scenes on the cross and the tomb are being added to the walk-thru event again offered to the public for free on the church’s parking lot near Grant and Pine streets.
All the scenes again lead up to the birth of Jesus in the manger.
The public is also invited to a trio of Christmas Eve worship services on Tuesday, Dec. 24 in PV.
The First United Methodist Church here will host a worship service at 7 p.m. with special music, candlelight, communion and an inspirational Christmas message from the church’s pastor.
St. Timothy’s Episcopal Church will host a Holy Communion service and Hanging of the Greens at 7 p.m. Music will be featured during the service with refreshments to follow.
The Presbyterian Church, Bradley and Walnut, will host a candlelight service at 11 p.m. featuring the combined choirs of two churches.
• Coming up Thursday night, Dec. 19 is the Pauls Valley school band’s annual Christmas concert.
Postponed because of recent winter weather, the concert is set for a 7 p.m. start at the high school auditorium.
A reminder — band members are 5th through 12 grades.
• Another annual thing in PV is the deliver of holiday food baskets by the Pauls Valley Samaritans and anyone pitching in to help the local food pantry.
Local residents set to receive a Christmas food basket can pick them up starting at 1:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 19 at the First Presbyterian Church.
• Delta Public Transit in PV, 215 W. Paul, will continue to accept donations of non-perishable food items in the annual “Stuff the Bus” drive through Monday, Dec. 23.
All donations are for needy residents in Garvin County.
• The city of PV’s trash pick up service scheduled for Christmas Day, Dec. 25, will instead be done on Tuesday, Dec. 24.
• The city of PV’s new holiday ice rink is open in the train depot area through Sunday, Dec. 29.
Daily times are from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 5:30 to 10 p.m. Friday, 1 to 10 p.m. Saturday and 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday.