Pauls Valley Democrat
Pauls Valley, Oklahoma —
There’s still time for anyone hoping to get a holiday basket from a Pauls Valley food pantry.
It’s the Pauls Valley Samaritans and an annual drive for Christmas to get baskets filled with food for the holiday to those in need.
Sign-ups continue this week at the offices of the Pauls Valley Chamber of Commerce, 112 East Paul.
• Tuesday, Dec. 3, 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Wednesday, Dec. 4, 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Thursday, Dec. 5, 10 a.m. to noon, 1 to 3 p.m. and 5 to 7 p.m.
• Friday, Dec. 6, 1 to 5 p.m.
All the sign-ups will be at the offices of the Pauls Valley Chamber of Commerce, 112 E. Paul.
Those applying for a holiday basket are asked to bring a copy of a utility bill from their PV residence.
Delta Public Transit in PV, 215 West Paul, is also accepting donations of non-perishable food items in an annual “Stuff the Bus” drive.
The Delta drive is scheduled to continue daily through Dec. 23.
All donations are for needy residents in Garvin County.
• A reminder, the city’s skating rink, complete with artificial ice, is now open at the local train depot area.
Daily times through Dec. 29 are from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 5:30 to 10 p.m. Friday, 1 to 10 p.m. Saturday and 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday.
The cost to skate is $8, which includes the skates.
• The public is also reminded the radio drama version of the classic holiday movie “It’s a Wonderful Life” comes to the stage at 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 6 at the Pauls Valley High School auditorium.
A cast of 14 local actors re-create the Bedford Falls story of how George Bailey lost hope and miraculously rediscovered the love all around him thanks to an angel named Clarence.
The PV Arts Council show starts at 7 p.m. with doors opening at 6 p.m. for general admission seating.
Audience members are invited to dress in 1940s style as befitting the era of the story.
Tickets are $5 for adults in advance at www.tiny.cc/wonderful-life or $6 (cash or check) at the door.
Children 3 to 12 are $3, while children under 3 are free.