Pauls Valley Democrat
Pauls Valley, Oklahoma —
Officials with the Garvin County Health Department have announced a seasonal influenza vaccination clinic schedule has been set for the upcoming flu season.
Clinics are scheduled to begin at the Pauls Valley site on Oct. 7, while the date is Oct. 10 at the health department facility in Lindsay.
In Pauls Valley the flu clinic times are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday, Oct. 7-10.
In Lindsay it’s the same times on Thursday and Friday, Oct. 10-11.
Beginning Oct. 14 the flu clinic schedule for the Pauls Valley site will be Mondays and Thursdays only from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. and 1 to 4 p.m.
The clinics at the Lindsay site will be on Mondays only from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. and 1 to 5 p.m.
“The cost for the flu vaccine this year is $25 and we are now assessing fees for pneumonia vaccine,” an official said, adding the pneumonia fee is $60.
Fees will apply to:
• Clients with private insurance, except Health Choice and OPEH&W.
• Clients without insurance above 185% federal poverty level.
• Clients whose employers agree to pay for their employee’s flu services.
Fees do not apply to:
• Clients who are at or below 185% federal poverty level will not be assessed the fee unless their employer agrees to pay for their flu services. However donations will be encouraged/accepted.
• Clients below age 65 seeking pneumonia service who do not have any insurance coverage, regardless of their income.
• Employees/individuals with Health Choice insurance or OPEH&W coverage.
• Medicaid recipients.
• Clients age 65 and above.
• VFC eligible children not enrolled in SoonerCare.
The health department does require you to bring your driver’s license or photo ID, Medicare or SoonerCare cards and insurance cards regardless of insurance carrier.