Pauls Valley Democrat
Pauls Valley, Oklahoma —
The last day to apply to receive a Samaritan Christmas basket is today.
The sign-up period for the holiday baskets wraps up from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 10 at the Pauls Valley Chamber of Commerce, 112 E. Paul.
Those applying are asked to bring a utility bill.
• Delta Public Transit in PV, 215 W. Paul, continues to accept donations of non-perishable food items in the annual “Stuff the Bus” drive through Dec. 23.
All donations are for needy residents in Garvin County.
• Angels are still available on the Angel Tree at First State Bank in Elmore City, 206 S. Main. Angels represent gifts for children in need. Call 580-788-2213 for more.
• The Garvin County Republican Party has rescheduled a meeting for next week.
The meeting originally set for Dec. 9 has been reset for a 7 p.m. start on Tuesday, Dec. 17 at Christian Life Church Fellowship Hall in PV, 820 S. Walnut.
Call 405-740-5131 for more information about the group or the meeting.
• Pauls Valley High School will host an OBI blood drive from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday, Dec. 13.
The Garvin County Sheriff’s Department in the county courthouse will host an OBI bloodmobile from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 19.
• The Chickasaw Senior Nutrition Site in PV, 109 N. Indian Meridian, will hold a benefit Indian taco sale at 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Friday, Dec. 13.
Delivery available with orders of 3 or more. Call 207-9034.
A bake sale will be at 9 a.m.-2 p.m. The site will also host a Christmas bazaar.
• Rush Creek Fire Department will host a pancake breakfast fundraiser from 7 to 11 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 14 at the fire station.
• Beaty Baptist Church will host its annual free community-wide Christmas dinner from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 14 in the Family Life Center.
The church is 2 miles west of the Walmart DC on Airline Road.
• The Elmore City Chamber of Commerce is planning a Christmas lighting from 5 to 9 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 14 with a chili cook-off, Christmas sing contest, Santa Claus and a raffle for Winchester 24 gun fire safe. Call 580-788-2883 or 405-207-4583 for more.
• The PV school band’s Christmas concert is at 2 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 15 at the high school auditorium. Band members are 5th through 12 grades.