Maysville history comes to life one act at a time
Ever since the dawn of classroom based learning, teachers and administrators have struggled to find ways to engage their pupils in each semester’s curriculum.
‘The Iron Lady’ an emotional ride through adversity
As someone who has easily dedicated a lifetime’s worth of television hours nerding out to stuff like the History Channel, it is no wonder why I always eventually cave to biographical movies on some of the most famous/infamous people to make something of their humanity.
‘J. Edgar’ a win for DiCaprio, flat elsewhere
History can often favor the victorious and ignore a lot of wrongs, but sometimes the most vile cannot completely wash away the grime.
Sanctuary’s century mark one more chapter in PV history
Historical record in any community reflects most positively on individuals who left the largest impacts, though at least as much as if not more instrumental is the influence generated by some of the founding houses of worship.
- Comic Relief Program to focus on Rogers’ Depression Era relief efforts
- USS Oklahoma memorial plans announced Plans are underway to build an USS Oklahoma memorial in Pearl Harbor.
- Moore was a true pioneer
- A view into the past The old saying, “a picture speaks a thousand words” is so true. The Pauls Valley Historical Society has a great assortment of old photos and we ar e hope to increase the collection.
- Remnants of the New Deal These days learning about the past is a lot more fun than sitting in a classroom and is as easy as taking a trip to an Oklahoma State Park.
- Maysville history comes to life one act at a time