Pauls Valley Democrat
Pauls Valley, Oklahoma —
A three-day filing period has now began for a series of municipal offices for each city in Garvin County.
The filings for candidates in all seven municipalities in the county will be from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily Monday through Wednesday, Feb. 4-6 at the Garvin County Election Board located on the first floor of the county courthouse in Pauls Valley.
New Election Board Secretary Doylene Cunningham has said the filings will determine the municipal candidates for six of the cities during an election on April 2. A runoff date if necessary is set for May 14.
The cities include Pauls Valley, Paoli, Wynnewood, Elmore City, Maysville and Stratford.
Filings for these cities will take place at the Election Board office, Cunningham said.
The city of Lindsay is the only municipality in Garvin County that holds its general municipal election on March 5.
Candidates for four city council offices in Lindsay will file their candidacies during the same three-day period, but the filings will take place at the Lindsay city clerk’s office.
In the Lindsay election the four candidates receiving the greatest number of votes will be elected.
A number of offices in the other six cities in the county are also a part of the filings.
• In Pauls Valley there are two four-year posts on the city council now held by Mayor Tim Gamble and Hal Blevins.
• Wynnewood - a total of four city council offices and city clerk/treasurer, all for four-year terms, and a couple of two-year unexpired terms on the council.
• Paoli - two four-year terms on the town board of trustees and one two-year unexpired term on the board.
• Elmore City - a number of four-year terms including mayor, two posts on the city council, marshal and street commissioner, in addition to a two-year unexpired term on the council.
• Maysville - three four-year terms on the town board of trustees and two-year unexpired terms for one board office and clerk/treasurer.
• Stratford - four-year terms for two offices on the town board of trustees and town treasurer, in addition to a two-year unexpired term on the board.