Pauls Valley, Oklahoma —
The winners at the 2013 Okie Noodling Tournament have been announced.
The big annual tournament was held Saturday, June 22 in Pauls Valley’s Wacker Park.
It was a 72-pound fish that earned Lucy Milsap of Quinlan, Texas the title of Biggest Fish.
A noodler since age 5, Milsap picked up the top trophy and a $1,500 prize.
Milsap also picked up another $200 and trophy as the Top Female Noodler.
The other results were also impressive with plenty of large fish being caught by noodlers, who all got trophies and cash prizes.
• Natural Division - 1st place, Scott Jett of Velma (67.8 pounds); 2nd place, Jimmy Milsap of Quinlan, Texas (67.4 pounds); 3nd place, Travis Bice of Greenwood, Ark. (61.9 pounds); 4th place, Keith Compton of Broken Bow (61.1 pounds); 5th place, Michael Smith of Lawton (61 pounds); 6th place, Dylan Ford of Krebs (53.9 pounds).
• Scuba Division - 1st place, Tim Suchy of Wanette (68.3 pounds); 2nd place, Tony Norton of Ratliff City (66.2 pounds); 3rd place, Joe Dansby of Stratford (58.5 pounds); 4th place, Terry Morrow of Eucha (56.9 pounds); 5th place, Dennis Williams of Midwest City (54.5 pounds); 6th place, Jesse McGregor of Blair (54.2 pounds).
• Female Noodler Runner-Up - Sheila Norton of Ratliff City (55 pounds).
• Top Youth (18 and under) - Chris Prater of Checotah (50 pounds); Runner Up - Dakota Garrett of Eufaula (46.9 pounds).
• Smallest Fish - Troy Smith of Guthrie (5.9 pounds).
• Queen (Crown and Sash) - Amber Honeycut and Colby Morrow.
A full photo gallery can be found here: 2013 Okie Noodling Tournament Photos