Fireworks, you bet, as summer holiday events are on the calendar in Pauls Valley and Lindsay.
In Lindsay it's Freedom Fest coming this weekend on Saturday, June 29 at the George Brown Municipal Park and Golf Course about three miles north of Lindsay.
Times are noon to 10 p.m. as the fireworks show there is set for dusk.
The event in Pauls Valley again comes right on July 4th with live music at the local football stadium and the traditional fireworks show that night around 9 p.m.
For the Garvin County Republican Party the next regular meeting is scheduled for 7 p.m. July 8 at Christian Life Church in PV, 820 S. Walnut. Call 405-207-4337 for more information.
• The next sign up for a monthly spay and neuter clinic for dogs and cats is at 10 a.m. July 1 at the PV Animal Shelter. Sign up is normally the first business day of the month. Call 405-238-1303 for more.
• A P.A.W.S. food pantry for dogs and cats is available at PV's animal shelter from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of the month. The next one is July 9.
For information on receiving help or making donations to the effort, call the shelter.
• The Toy and Action Figure Museum in PV will feature free admission every second Sunday of the month, typically 1 to 5 p.m., as a way of thanking the community for its support.
The next one is July 14.
• The Pauls Valley Rotary Club now meets weekly at noon Friday at Christian Life Church, 820 S. Walnut.
• The Pauls Valley Kiwanis Club now meets monthly at noon the first Wednesday of the month at The Vault Art Space and Gathering Place, 111 E. Paul.