Plans are already getting started for 2019 version of the Garvin County Fair.
Fair organizers are now accepting applications for vendors to participate in this year's fair later in the summer.
Indoor and outdoor booth space is being offered to those wishing to showcase their products.
Vendors may choose one or more days – Thursday, Aug. 22; Friday, Aug. 23; and/or Saturday, Aug. 24.
Indoor space with air conditioning is limited, especially those with electrical access, and fills up quickly.
Vendor application forms, along with booth space fees, may be downloaded at www.oces.okstate.edu/garvin online or may be obtained at the Garvin County Cooperative Extension Service office on the ground floor of the Garvin County Courthouse in Pauls Valley.
A complete schedule of events, as well as exhibitor information will be available on the website. For more information, contact the Extension office at 405-238-6681.
For the Garvin County Republican Party the next regular meeting is scheduled for 7 p.m. July 8 at Christian Life Church in PV, 820 S. Walnut. Call 405-207-4337 for more information.
• The Garvin County Democratic Party meets at 10 a.m. the first Saturday of the month. The next one is Aug. 3 at the Reynolds Recreation Center in PV.
• The Toy and Action Figure Museum in PV will feature free admission every second Sunday of the month, typically 1 to 5 p.m., as a way of thanking the community for its support.
The next one is July 14.
• A P.A.W.S. food pantry for dogs and cats is available at PV's animal shelter from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of the month. The next one is July 9.
• The next sign up for a monthly spay and neuter clinic for dogs and cats is at 10 a.m. Aug. 1 at the PV Animal Shelter. Sign up is normally the first business day of the month. Call 405-238-1303 for more.
For information on receiving help or making donations to the effort, call the shelter.
• The First Baptist Church in PV offers a weekly food pantry for emergency assistance to PV residents in need. New times are from 2:30 to 3 p.m. Wednesday.