A handful of voting precincts are open this week for a trio of school districts in Garvin County with bond issues on the ballot.
The actual election date is Tuesday, Feb. 12 for the Paoli, Maysville and Lindsay districts as polls are open the customary times of 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Precincts open for the election include:
• Bill Mitchell Complex in Lindsay.
• REC multipurpose center in Lindsay.
• Methodist church in Maysville.
• Senior citizens center in Paoli.
• Pauls Valley National Bank, Meridian branch.
• Bosa Community Center in PV.
The REC and Maysville precincts include elections in both Lindsay and Maysvile.
• In Paoli voters will decide the fate of a $300,000 bond issue.
Items included, which won’t raise property taxes if passed by 60 percent or more, are new textbooks for all Paoli students, the purchase of land for future school needs, a new passenger van, new technology and security doors for Paoli schools.
• In Maysville a couple of $110,000 propositions are meant to address buses, school vehicles, technology, textbooks for all local students and banquet tables and chairs for a multipurpose facility at the elementary school used for community gatherings.
There is no projected tax increase with the issue.
• The ballot in Lindsay includes a couple of propositions totaling more than $1.5 million.
With no tax increase if passed, items are buses, school vehicles and upgrades to the schools' technology infrastructure.
Votes on other school bond issues in the area come later, including one in the Elmore City-Pernell district.
The ECP vote on March 5 is for a bond issue totaling more than $18.2 million.
The issue includes a new high school building, a new gymnasium, upgrades at the football field, improvements to the ag facility and even better security at the ECP Elementary entrance.
The 16-year bond issue in a series calls for an initial 13 ½ percent increase to property taxes in the ECP district
• Then comes a couple of school board races and one more school bond issue on the ballot for April 2.
A school board race in Elmore City-Pernell is between Amy Shebester and Jasmin Eve Tadlock, while one in Paoli has Kent Stewart going against Joselyn Medina.
On that same day Whitebead voters will have a $300,000 bond issue to upgrade the school's buses and heating and air conditioning units. It will include a small tax increase.