The first meeting with a “vision” for Pauls Valley is set for next month.
The first Vision 2020 brainstorming session for Pauls Valley has now been scheduled for a 7 p.m. start on Thursday, Oct. 9 at the Bosa Community Center.
All residents are invited to come and share their ideas on the future needs of the community.
• Another community event is the Garvin County Health Coalition invites the public to a wellness fair 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, Oct. 4 at the Reynolds Recreation Center in PV.
• The Garvin County Farm Bureau will hold an annual meeting at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 16 at the Family Life Center in Maysville.
• The PV Public Library’s monthly Storytime program for preschool age kids returns at 10 a.m. Sept. 17. The program is offered each third Wednesday of the month.
• Garvin County Retired Teachers and Support Personnel will meet at 10 a.m. Monday, Sept. 22 at the PV Chamber of Commerce, 211 E. Paul. Visitors are welcome.
• The Pauls Valley Police Car Show will be Saturday, Sept. 27 on Paul Avenue in downtown PV.
On the same day is the 5th annual PV Marching Band Championships. The PV band will be the first of many bands marching starting at 11 a.m. Field competitions are around 1:30 p.m. at the football field.
• The McClain-Garvin County Youth and Family Center will host its 3rd annual Child Abuse Prevention Poker Run on Saturday, Sept. 27. It starts at Ace Hardware in Purcell. Call 405-527-2424, ext. 30 or go to www.signmeup.com/102874 for more.
• The Garvin County Bipartisan Forum Committee is planning a candidate question and answer session at 6 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 27 at the PVHS auditorium.
• The next Panther Athletic Club meeting is at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 1 in the PVHS library.
• The 2013-2014 PVHS yearbooks are in and are ready to pick up in the PVHS office.
If you did not order one there are a few extras that can be purchased with Bobby Reeves at PV Alternative Education for $45.
They also have a limited supply of 2012-2013 yearbooks that can be purchased for $20.