Mississippi took a regrettable turn into the past Tuesday when Gov. Phil Bryant signed into law the Protecting Freedom of Conscience from Government Discrimination Act – a red herring title for the right to refuse service to the GLBT community on religious grounds.
Transparency in government is essential to upholding American democracy. When citizens have access to behind-the-scenes information about local and federal administrations, politicians are held accountable. The public is educated and engaged. And our nation is strengthened.
Public notices contain vitally important information for Pauls Valley and other Oklahoma communities. They notify you about government meetings, foreclosures, zoning proposals, land taking, public works projects and how your tax dollars are being spent.
- Trying to help what ails you Future PV dispensary ready for MMJ
- Still hoping for hospital miracle
- Alcohol plays part in area wreck
- Truck wreck still has questions
- Political eyes on hospital closure
- Political family feud Local father-son differ a lot on politics
- A bit of help for hospital employees
- Emotions high after closure
- Garvin County Public Records
- Vote comes to shut down local medical center