Mississippi took a regrettable turn into the past Tuesday when Gov. Phil Bryant signed into law the Protecting Freedom of Conscience from Government Discrimination Act – a red herring title for the right to refuse service to the GLBT community on religious grounds.
Transparency in government is essential to upholding American democracy. When citizens have access to behind-the-scenes information about local and federal administrations, politicians are held accountable. The public is educated and engaged. And our nation is strengthened.
Public notices contain vitally important information for Pauls Valley and other Oklahoma communities. They notify you about government meetings, foreclosures, zoning proposals, land taking, public works projects and how your tax dollars are being spent.
- Answer comes for hospital employees
- Wreck claims Lindsay teenager
- Fatality wreck draws criminal charge
- Holiday plea for Jesus' return
- Grand jury push eyes hospital
- Assault case finishes with prison time
- Butterfly habitat project grants now here
- Grand jury could be on PV's horizon Push now on for closer look at now closed hospital
- Murder case gets a game-changer
- Garvin County Public Records