STRATFORD — The top-ranked Ringling Blue Devils scored 22 points in the first quarter en route to a 35-7 win over Stratford last week at Blackburn Field.
The Blue Devils improved to 4-0 on the year, while Stratford starts off at 1-3.
Ringling scored all 35 points before halftime.
Stratford running back Hunter Morton spoiled the shutout with his 4-yard touchdown run with six seconds left in the game. David Arriaga's PAT kick was good.
"We ran into a very good Ringling team and gave them a few really short fields early in the game," said Stratford head coach Michael Blackburn. "Our guys never quit fighting as they competed and put out a good effort."
Ringling's scoring plays included:
• A 25-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Daniel Carson to Kanyon McGahey. Colton Fincher scored on the two-point conversion.
• Fincher rushed for an 11-yard TD and Kaden Barron kicked the PAT.
• Barron found the end zone from 10 yards out and kicked the extra point.
• Brayden Johnson scored on a 34-yard run with a Barron PAT.
• Barron returned a punt 75 yards for a score but the kick failed.
Stratford actually outgained Ringling with 243 total yards to 217.
Senior running back Dayton Goodridge led the SHS offense with 81 yards rushing on eight carries. Nolan Hall finished with 10 carries for 77 yards, while Arriaga netted 32 yards on nine tries.
Stratford leaders on defense included Arriaga with seven tackles and Blake English with six.
It won't get any easier for Stratford this week. The Bulldogs travel to Elmore City to take on the 4-0 Badgers. Elmore City-Pernell blanked Headlton 22-0 in Week 4.
"We will travel to Elmore City this week to play another undefeated team. It will be a good challenge and we look forward to a good week," Blackburn said.